Wednesday 14 September 2011

Elderberry Vodka

I made some Elderberry Vodka yesterday after making it for the first time last year. it was so lovely that I have made 5 litre Kilner jars of it this time!!! this should make around 3 litres of drink. I am meeting up with a lot of friends in May when I go off in my campervan so will take a couple of litres along with me.

here is my recipe

1 pound of elderberries
1 bottle of vodka
half a pound of sugar

take all the berries off the stalks as the stalks are very bitter
wash berries
place in a kilner jar
add sugar and vodka to jar
fasten the lid down
shake

place in a dark cupboard
shake once a week for a couple of months
strain and bottle in clean glass bottles
try to leave it for 2 years before drinking.... although I found it very palitable as soon as it was strained and bottled lol

tastes like port wine :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment